Friday, April 19, 2024

We have an apartment!!

We moved into our apartment right after Easter and it was both wonderful and frightening for me. It was wonderful because we had our own space to be ourselves, we don't have to commute to school, and we live right next to a park. It's a bit scary because this is starting to be more real and I have to deal with the reality that we are actually going to live in a country where I barely speak the language and everything is new and different. Don't get me wrong, I am excited about living here in Joao Pessoa it just a harder transition than I am used to. But I love so much about Joao Pessoa so I have hope that I will learn the language and get more comfortable with the changes here. One thing I do absolutely love is the beach and this one is a short walk from our home.
And here are a few pictures of the place we call home.
We live on the eigth floor so we have some good views from our apartment. We can see the ocean from all the windows...not quite a beach views, but not bad.
We had our locks changed to deadbolts (a requirement from the consulate), and the kids had free entertainment.
Jane and I are having fun exploring the different grocery stores and other stores around us.
One Saturday we checked out the statue of Liberty here in Joao Pessoa. Really it was just built for a store, but still fun to check it out.
In the store we lost Jane for a bit and this is where we found her.
Another Store we discovered is the Local Artisan Mall. It reminds us of the swapmeet in Hawaii a little bit. So, a lot of fun exploring all the wares.
And around easter we ran into Easter bunny Mickey while we were shopping for sheets.

No comments:

Post a Comment