Sunday, February 2, 2025

End of Summer Break Fun

After our trip we suddenly realized how quick summer break was coming to an end. So we amped up our game and went to the beach a lot, because we couldn't waste these calm, beautiful summer low-tides. And I was thankful for again having the warm water here after the cold water in Rio. We went a couple of times a week until school started up again.
In January Pace was able to go to the Recife Temple with the youth of our ward for his very first time doing baptisms for the dead. He had a wonderful experience and Jake was able to go with him.
My friend Jessica and I took the younger kids to the zoo, which was a good time to get out and have fun. The zoo even had a few new exhibits, like an anteater (unfortunately we didn't get to see him), a tapir, and emus. But the highlight had to be seeing the largest group of leaf cutter plants. It was huge, covering at least a 50 ft line with thousands of ants carrying leaves.
To celebrate my big 4-0 (yes I am proud of my age and all my wisdom that comes with it) we went to a local craft festival and ate at a yummy sertao restaurant. Jake made a delicious haupia(hawaiian coconut pudding) cake and maracuja(passion fruit) ice cream. Louis made me a shower of homemade gifts and gave me a pile of pokemon cards. Pace made me a card. And Jake found some pretty awesome gifts. I felt so spoiled and loved.
I also tried my hand at a hawaiian canoeing class. It was a lot of work, but tons of fun. I went with my friend Samira. I want to keep doing it, but I have to get up the self disipline to go to sleep earlier, because it starts at 5 am.
The kids are also on a cooking kick, which is great. I love that they want to learn a practical skill. So far Pace has made pretzles, Louis made spice-rubbed chicken and a corn salad, Grant made granola and brownies.
We also went to Kai's friend's birthday party and had a blast dancing, playing soap bubble soccer, and more.
And now after lots of school supply shopping and organizing I think we are about ready to start school.

No comments:

Post a Comment